iTwin Connect Windows Release 184.108.40.206
(Released on February 22, 2013)
With this release we are unveiling our new product iTwin Connect, enabling users to browse privately, without geo-restrictions, and to securely access a remote network (VPN).
iTwin provides servers in key geographical zones. Users in geo-restricted zones can use the iTwin Connect device to connect to iTwin servers, securely to bypass geo-restrictions.
Using two halves of the iTwin device you can also connect any two networks and establish your own VPN and access your remote network.
All data transfers are encrypted with highest industry strength AES encryption with 256 bit keys that reside in the iTwin device to ensure that users browse with complete privacy. iTwin Connect uses the new iTwinPro platform with a 32 bit Microcontroller which performs the encryption on board.
Let us know what you think - email us at: feedback@iTwin.com
• Added capability of showing certificate viewer dialog for user's consent when corporate proxy/firewall changes iTwin Connect server's certificate. Existing application used to fail in such case.
• Added capability of connecting to Windows remote desktop server (of the remote computer) when the server is listening on a non-default port.
• Added capability of remote intranet browsing when remote computer is behind a multiple layer of private subnet.
• New command line tools added which can be used to change certain behaviors of application.
• Bug FixesFixed a bug where browsing remote intranet sites/resources fail when application uses a DNS proxy.Fixed a bug where computer sometimes may lose Internet connection when application uses a DNS proxy.Fixed a bug where private VPN reestablishment fails due to a failure in unplugging the virtual adapter.Few issues in installation of virtual adapter and NAT helper driver have been fixed.Fixed a bug which can cause private VPN establishment take longer sometimes.Fixed a bug which causes private VPN establishment to fail due to a failure in communication with virtual adapter.Fixed a bug which sometimes causes opening remote desktop to remote computer to fail when remote computer is connected to Windows Active Directory based domain.Fixed a bug where remote desktop doesn't work when both computers are in the same network.Several application crashes have been fixed.Several memory leakages have been corrected.
• Supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 Pro.
• Requires 15 MB hard-disk space.
• USB 2.0 or 3.0 port.
• Requires broad-band Internet access, 1Mbps upload speed recommended.
• Insert the iTwin Connect Device into your computer and the installation will start automatically. If Auto Play is disabled on your system, or the installation does not start within 2 min for any reason, go to Start -> Computer. You will see iTwin mounted as a CD-ROM device. Open 'iTwinPro Installer' -> double-click iTwinPro.exe.
• You can uninstall iTwin Connect by going to Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Select iTwin Connect and uninstall.
• Support for OS X.