iTwin Connect Windows Release 188.8.131.52
(Released on June 20, 2013)
The major improvements include support for Remote Desktop to Home Editions of Windows OS and enhancements that support cross-platform remote desktop via iTwin Connect running on Mac OS X computers.
Let us know what you think - email us at: feedback@iTwin.com
• Added support for a few multicast protocols which enables better interaction between Windows and Mac OS computers.
• Added support for additional logs so that user problems can be more easily debugged and fixed.
• A number of bug fixes and improvements.Fixed a bug wherein password and device name wizard dialogs did not grab focus and remained behind other application windows.Fixed a bug wherein remote desktop connections caused the computer to become unresponsive when device was plugged out.Fixed a bug wherein Mac computer was unable to see computers in the remote Intranet.Fixed a bug wherein teleporting to restricted websites (e.g., from China) failed.Fixed a few application crashes.
• Supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8 (except Windows 8 RT)
• Requires 15 MB hard-disk space.
• USB 2.0 or 3.0 port.
• Requires broad-band Internet access, 1Mbps upload speed recommended.
• Insert the iTwin Connect Device into your computer and the installation will start automatically. If Auto Play is disabled on your system, or the installation does not start within 2 min for any reason, go to Start -> Computer. You will see iTwin mounted as a CD-ROM device. Open 'iTwinPro Installer' -> double-click iTwinPro.exe.
• You can uninstall iTwin Connect by going to Start -> Control Panel -> Programs and Features. Select iTwin Connect and uninstall.
• Reduced network latency when connecting to remote computer or Teleport servers.