iTwin Windows 220.127.116.11 (Released on Oct 16th , 2012)
We have a major release with iTwin SecureBox to secure your data in the cloud. iTwin SecureBox works as an add-on to the DropboxTM desktop application. You can now associate your iTwin device with your DropboxTM account and seamlessly upload your files encrypted with your iTwin key to the cloud. After iTwin is installed and your device is associated with your DropboxTM account, whenever you plug in the iTwin key, the iTwin SecureBox folder will open. Any files/folders dragged or copied into the iTwin SecureBox folder will be automatically encrypted, obfuscated and added to your DropboxTM account. DropboxTM will, as usual, sync the newly added encrypted files to your account's cloud storage. The encrypted files will also, as usual, sync downwards to other Mac or PC clients that are using your DropboxTM account. You will be able to decrypt and open these files using either of your iTwin halves as a key. No decrypted copies will remain on the computer, once the iTwin key has been unplugged.
Let us know what you think - email us at: feedback@iTwin.com
How to Update
Every time there's a new version of iTwin software available, you will be notified when you plug in your iTwin key. You can choose to upgrade to the latest version for free, if you already own an iTwin device.
• iTwin supports Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7.
• iTwin requires a fast broad-band connection.
• Click on the update button when iTwin prompts you to install. If you prefer to install later, click later.
• Like all iTwin software releases, this version is backward compatible.
• You can remove this version, (iTwin 18.104.22.168 ) from your computer through the control panel in the Start menu on Windows, should you wish.
• Kaspersky antivirus software might block iTwin connection.
• iTwin Watermark might not show up sometimes if Windows registry is corrupted.
• Zone Alarm antivirus software might block iTwin connection and/or make iTwin folder empty.
• In rare cases, iTwin files/folders when accessed from open/save dialog of an application might not work.
• Downloading/opening Mac files with incompatible Windows file/folder names does not succeed.
• Users cannot initialize iTwin pairs in non-admin account.
• Some interoperability problems with Directory Opus Windows File Manager and Explorer replacement have been reported.
• iTwin SecureBox support for Google Drive
• Encryption of files on HDD