iTwin MAC (Beta) 220.127.116.11 (Released on August 23rd, 2011)
Check out release notes for the latest iTwin MAC software. Every time there's a new version of iTwin MAC software, you will be notified when you plug your iTwin in a MAC. You can choose to upgrade to the latest version - for free, if you already own an iTwin device. All you need to do is plug and play. iTwin makes remote file access really easy. As always, you're encouraged to tell us what you think - email us at: feedback@iTwin.com
This is a beta release since user needs to download and install a software update manually. In Nov 2011, we will start selling iTwin devices which have iTwin Mac software pre-installed. Such devices will have plug and play install capability on Mac OS X machines (Plug and play install capability is already available on Windows). Until availability of plug and play capability, iTwin Mac will be considered beta.
• Fixed several UI issues.
• Bug FixesFixed memory leak issues.Fixed "save" or "save as" feature on local and remote iTwin Folders.
• iTwin MAC works on Snow Leopard as well as Lion.
• User can "save" or "save as" files on local and remote iTwin Folders.
• iTwin requires MAC with Snow Leopard/Lion and a fast broad-band connection.
• Click on the update button when iTwin prompts you to install. If you prefer to install later, click later.
• Like all iTwin software releases, this version is backward compatible.
• You can remove this version, (iTwin 18.104.22.168) from your MAC through the System Preferences Panel, should you wish.
• When downloading a large file, file browsing becomes sluggish.
• "save" or "save as" multiple files/folders (e.g. saving a complex html file) not yet enabled. Hence saving iWorks files has problems.
• Local Folder Desktop Icon does not appear immediately after iTwin device being plugged in.
• Download/upload resume feature not yet enabled.
• Download progress bar does not show accurate download status.
• File overlays (like on windows) not yet enabled.
• In an upcoming release, we will allow more than one iTwin to function at any one time on an single one computer. So you'll be able to have for example three halves of three separate iTwin devices plugged into your computer, each half providing simple and secure remote file access to another computer. All existing and future iTwin customers will benefit from this enhancement. We will also fix all known issues.